Shock! For the 1st time in two a long time, there is certainly an all-new Mustang product to ogle and rev furiously. Unveiled as a shock right after the relaxation of the redesigned lineup, the 2024 Ford Mustang Darkish Horse becomes the most potent, focused significant-general performance Mustang of the seventh era (at minimum until Shelbys commence displaying up). Ford suggests engineers labored for far more than three a long time to produce what it states is a “street and monitor-able general performance Mustang.”
“We’ve taken the all-new Mustang, the ideal of our new 5.-liter V8 general performance, and extra electricity, enhanced the aero, tires, steering and supplied an interactive cockpit to create a Mustang that goes past any 5.-liter Mustang right before it,” explained Ed Krenz, Ford Mustang chief nameplate engineer.
Rather that blather on, however, let us flip it above to the bullet points to give you all the aspects and almost everything there is to know about the Mustang Dark Horse.
- The Dim Horse is driven by a 5.-liter Coyote V8 fantastic for more than 500 horsepower. That’s very likely to be about 20 far more than the GT.
- Modifications for the Darkish Horse Coyote bundled piston connecting rods very first featured on the most current GT500, and a twin throttle overall body consumption structure for additional air consumption.
- A one of a kind, lighter radiator, much more effective lovers and an auxiliary motor oil cooler emphasize that the Darkish Horse is meant to hit the track.
- A six-speed handbook transmission is common. It is developed by Tremac and characteristics a unique 3D-printed titanium change ball.
- Go for the manual and you will be much cooler. So will the transmission as it gets a particular oil cooler.
- Optional is a 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Chassis, brake and tire upgrades
- Distinctive chassis tuning incorporates more substantial rear sway bars and heavy-obligation entrance shocks.
- MagneRide magnetically managed adaptive dampers are common.
- Steering increased with a new lightweight strut tower brace and K-brace.
- Torsen rear diff normal.
- Brembo 19-inch 6-piston brakes with 13.9-inch rotors up entrance. Rears not stated in press release.
- Staggered wheels (19-inch by 9.5-inch entrance 19-inch by 10-inch rear) wearing Pirelli P Zero tires.
- Optional Handling deal provides stiffer springs, even larger front and rear sway bars, Pirelli Trofeo tires on wider rims (19×10.5 entrance, 19×11 rear).
- Late availability alternative of carbon fiber wheels from Carbon Revolution.
Exterior and aerodynamics
- “A bold, shadow graphic” surrounds the darkened headlights … or some dim gray trim resting beneath the lights like rough-guy eye black. The grille is one of a kind and carries on the hard-guy vibe with gloss-black trim and trapezoidal “nostrils.” A distinctive bumper includes what Ford phone calls “higher gloss fangs.” Grrrrrr.
- The rear sees a big diffuser, darkened quad exhaust strategies and a fastened rear wing.
- The exclusive Darkish Horse badge appears on the fenders, trunk and door sills. A darkish, typical Pony badge stays on the front. Mustang designer Joel Piaskowski says this is the initially time a Mustang has been depicted deal with-on in a badge. Set that in your pocket, trivia fans.
- The Darkish Horse receives distinctive Blue Ember metallic paint, in addition the selection of Infamous Blue Brembo brake calipers with a Grabber Blue brand.
- Thicker steering wheel with a flat base. Wrapped in suede and accented in Shiny Indigo Blue stitching. It has a push mode button.
- Contrast blue stitching throughout the doorway panels and seats, gear change and center console. You can find blue seatbelts, way too.
- A Dim Horse Appearance Pack dives head initially into the blue motif with Deep Indigo Blue leather seats with a distinctive perforation pattern.
- Exclusive “Black Alley” dim metallic gloss inside trim.
- B&O seem technique common
- Ford will present two committed track-only variations: the Mustang Dim Horse S for weekend observe goers and Dark Horse R for racing.
- Both equally are stripped-down versions of the avenue-authorized version with non-critical sections eradicated and a basic safety cage, nets, race seat and race steering wheel additional.
- It features upgraded brakes and Multimatic DSSV dampers.